Friday, October 12, 2012

In the Male

There’s an excellent write up over on THE F-LIST in regards to men’s style and below are a few excerpts from that write up that are along the same lines as my thoughts. Click HERE to read the full article. And if you’re in Canada be sure to read the bottom of the write up and try to get your hands on that freebie!

“I've been thinking about men's style quite a bit lately. Not men's fashion, but style. There is plenty of fashion available. But truthfully there is very little style on display. I think many men are confused and don't want to bother. When I see a stylish man in real life -- particularly one who doesn't work in fashion -- I'm always taken aback.”

“Fashion is what they sell at the stores. But style you can't buy. (It's why some people get paid to be stylists. You never hear people getting paid to be fashionable.) Men with great style are fascinating because men have much less to work with by comparison (ladies, removable peplum, need I say more?). Great style is typically not flashy. It's not built on brand names.” 

(Above quotes by Leesa Butler)


No comments:

Post a Comment